The OnePlus Nord is now receiving the stable Android 11-based OxygenOS 11, about a month after Open Beta 3 rolled out. This update brings major changes to the interface (including dark mode) and even enables the Always On Display feature.
Here are a few screenshots from users that already updated. After updating, you can enable AOD from Settings > Customization, there’s also a new Insight clock style for the Ambient display. The Shelf (which offers at-a-glance info and quick shortcuts) has been redesigned, you can enable it from the Launcher settings.
image credit” width=”135″ height=”300″ src=”https://fdn.gsmarena.com/imgroot/news/21/03/oneplus-nord-oxygenos11-update/popup/-x300/gsmarena_001.jpg”>
image credit” width=”135″ height=”300″ src=”https://fdn.gsmarena.com/imgroot/news/21/03/oneplus-nord-oxygenos11-update/popup/-x300/gsmarena_002.jpg”>
image credit” width=”135″ height=”300″ src=”https://fdn.gsmarena.com/imgroot/news/21/03/oneplus-nord-oxygenos11-update/popup/-x300/gsmarena_003.jpg”>
OnePlus Nord is getting the stable OxygenOS 11 update
The Gallery app grew a Story feature, which automatically creates a slideshow of photos and videos from the past week. Note that this seems to have rolled out to other OnePlus phones as well through the Play Store.
Here’s the full changelog:
- Update to Android 11 version
- The brand new UI design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Optimized the stability of some third-party apps and improved experience
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (Go to: Settings – Customization – Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added the Canvas always-on display, which can extract the subject’s outline from any photo and display it on your lock screen (Go to: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically)
- Dark Mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Now supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. (Go to: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range)
- Brand new shelf UI
- Newly added a weather widget with smarter animation effect
- Newly added the Story feature, which can automatically create the weekly stories by using your local photos and videos
- Optimized the loading speed to improve the image preview experience
Unfortunately for 7 and 7T owners it seems that the AOD feature is still exclusive to the Pro models (and the Nord, apparently).
Here’s the changelog (it’s the same for the 7 and 7T series):
- Optimized the effect of unlocking animation
- Fixed the issue of slow charging rate in some cases
- Fixed the lagging issue when playing screen-recorded videos
- Fixed the small probability failure issue with the Double Tap to Wake
- Fixed the issue that Netflix could not play HD videos
- Fixed the silent issue when the Bluetooth transport protocol is changed to AptX
- Improved the stability of the Wi-Fi connection and reduce Internet outages